Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A Family Affair



The opening night for the Nine Old Men exhibition at the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco was magical. Most of the Nine's families showed up, and to talk to them while visiting the various galleries...what can I say, once in a lifetime.
Wherever you are in the world, if you can afford it, come to SF to see this exhibit. It is the largest the museum has ever mounted. I was planing to take a ton of photos, but ended up talking to family members instead.

Here are three generations of the Kahl family. Milt, Sibyl, his daughter and Zoe, his great-granddaughter, who did inherit Milt's artistic talent (she is super creative, winning awards in all kinds of art competitions).

Go see this show!


10 comments:

  1. Wonderful! How I wish I was there to meet the family of the 9 Old Men and talk with them too. I am going to see this show for sure, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!
    How awesome, I have to go see this!
    I'd love to meet some family as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to go but I live like 400 miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see this exhibit! The Museum is spectacular in its own right - a must see for anyone interested in Walt Disney's family and studio histories. Luckily, I live just down the road and can get there several times a year. It seems to me that the quality and breadth of their special exhibits has been extra special in the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a fantastic exhibition, and it was wonderful to see Milt's daughter, Sibyl again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andreas, its me ,Wil from Amsterdam.Hope all is well.
    Tried to send you images a while ago but the emails seem to bounce(full postbox notification).
    I would love to see the Nine Old Men exhibition,perhaps I hop over for a weekend to San Francisco.
    You mentioned something about a catalog but I can't find any info about it?
    Hope to hear from you!
    Wil.

    ReplyDelete